Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Plan Ahead Ladies and Gentlemen!

                How obvious a statement right? I'm not just talking about being one or two days ahead in your planner either. If you're anything like me, when you started your placement, new responsibilities came at you quickly and began to pile up. Once it seemed as if you mastered those responsibilities, you were required to start teaching lessons.
            What I'm getting at, is that no one sat down with you and said "Hey, let's look at my planner and how I run things, and lets get yours filled in with what the week(s) are going to look like". That would have been nice though!
             I'm halfway through my placement here and I just barely started doing this. I pick one day that I can meet with each of my cooperating teachers, and sit down with them, We plan out what lessons I'm going to teach, and then I fill out what they'll be teaching in a different color. This allows me to see where my teaching fits into the larger picture. It also allows me to feel more confident and in control of how the week will look, and not be left feeling like things are just piling up on me or given to me last minute.
            I hope this was helpful to any of you reading this that may be feeling the same way as I was. Just remember, collaboration and communication are key to success. When teachers are on the same page, your students will recognize this and feel comfortable as well!


Happy teaching!

Jenn Adams :)

1 comment:

  1. So true! Collaboration and communication are key to success!

    ReplyDelete