This is a collaborative blog amongst student teachers at Castleton University, Lyndon State College, and Johnson State College.
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
What To Do?
Hey guys, so I have a student in my class that will not listen and fight back, just to get my attention. For example, today I told another student to not put her fingers in her ears while the teacher was talking because it was rude. So the student that doesn't listen, instantly puts her fingers in her ears and sits, looking at me, waiting for me to respond. I have stopped responding and usually let another teacher work with her to get her stuff done, but I hate leaving it to them. Any ideas as to what might work with her to get her to listen and not continue with this behavior?
(I have done check ins with her about how the period was going and if she was listening, but it works for a few days, but doesn't work all week. And I do give her attention when she is listening, play with her when I can so it's not as if I don't work with her)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment