As this is the first blog of this semester and I really have no idea what to write about, I am a little confused and nervous about what to talk to you about. I am student teaching with seventh and eighth grade students. But in a couple of weeks, I will be switching to working in an elementary classroom where I will be working with first graders. I am looking forward to this, although I have enjoyed my time with the older students.
I guess, I should introduce myself and tell you a few things about myself. First, my name is Bernice and I am a mother of four children (three boys and one girl). I enjoy reading, crocheting and spending time with my family. I find myself looking through the internet for ideas on techniques for relaxing after a very stressful day or a quick dinner idea that is easy and healthy for my family. One of the sites that I find interesting (and hopefully you will be able to use the site, too) is http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/portal/COS/Self_Help_and_Handouts/Visualization.
I really like this site because I can choose the beach scene and listen to the audio for a few seconds then view the beach scenery (especially during the winters up here in Vermont). But I also find that crocheting helps me to relax so I will grab my crochet hook and start making just about anything from afghans to slippers. And Pinterest has some wonderful ideas on almost all topics, from relaxation to healthy meals, crocheting patterns to lesson plans.
This year, I plan to get my portfolio done and hopefully graduate in May. I have a long way to go to finish up my portfolio. This is a goal that I will have to really work hard to get it completed on time.
Thanks for being the brave soul to tackle this first, Bernice! That's not easy. I know my JSC students were grateful they didn't have to start it off.
ReplyDeleteYou DID it, Bernice! You're the first "blogger" in this blog. I loved the site you share. Skillfully relieving our stress is very important survival skill as a beginning teacher. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Bernice. Hurray for Castleton, Johnson, and Lyndon's collaboration. It's great to hear about your experiences. You sound like a very busy student!
ReplyDelete